Currents News Staff
Trying to stay on budget while food prices rise has many people finding it hard to maintain healthy eating habits.
Caitlin Self, licensed nutritionist and blogger behind Frugal Nutrition, joined Currents News to explain how to eat healthier and shop smarter.
Here are Tips for Saving Money on Your Grocery Bill
- Cook from scratch
- Plant-based protein
- Shop perimeter of grocery store
Here are some recipes Caitlin recommends for budget-friendly cooking:
- One Pot Sausage, White Beans, and Kale: https://www.frugalnutrition.com/one-pot-sausage-white-beans-kale/
- Easy Ground Pork Stir Fry: https://www.frugalnutrition.com/easy-ground-pork-stir-fry/
- Peanut Soba Noodles with Veggies: https://www.frugalnutrition.com/peanut-soba-noodles-with-veggies/
- Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos: https://www.frugalnutrition.com/vegan-cauliflower-black-bean-tacos/
- Simple Slow Cooker Whole Chicken: https://www.frugalnutrition.com/simple-slow-cooker-whole-chicken/
- Zucchini & Tomato Summer Frittatta: https://www.frugalnutrition.com/zucchini-tomato-summer-frittata/