By Currents News Staff
Today President Joe Biden will lay out the first part of his plan for gun control, with six executive actions in the works.
“I don’t need to wait another minute, let alone an hour, to take common sense steps that will save the lives in the future,” said President Biden.
It’s a commitment the President made after the recent mass shootings in Atlanta and in Boulder.
The White House says Biden will lay out six initial actions today:
- A rule that tightens restrictions on so-called ‘ghost guns’ which are handmade or self-assembled firearms that don’t have serial numbers.
- A rule restricting pistol stabilizing braces which make weapons more stable and accurate.
- Suggesting “red flag” legislation for states.
- Money for community violence interventions
- An annual report on firearms trafficking.
- Nominating a gun control advocate to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
From here, it’s up to the Justice Department which has between 30 and 60 days to write the rules for ghost guns and stabilizing braces, and the suggested red flag laws.